Upcoming NYC Margaritaville names F&B venues, executive chef
The upcoming Margaritaville Resort Times Square in New York City has named its five restaurants and bars: Margaritaville Restaurant, LandShark Bar & Grill, License to Chill Bar, 5 O’Clock Somewhere Bar and Joe Merchant’s Coffee and Provisions. Developed by Margaritaville and operated by IMCMV Holdings, each dining concept at the resort has its own style and cuisine:
- Margaritaville Restaurant will be the “heart and soul” of the urban resort. The two-story, 492-seat restaurant has floor-to-ceiling windows for plenty of natural light and a 32-foot replica of the Statue of Liberty holding a margarita in place of her torch. The menu serves the brand’s casual classics as well as more than 50 types of types of margaritas.
- Landshark Bar & Grill will have Times Square’s only year-round outdoor heated pool. The 140-seat restaurant will have a fresh-catch-of-the-day-meets-American menu, including the exclusive-to-New York Seafood Steam Pot.
- The License to Chill Bar will be located on the fifth floor. The 75-seat indoor-outdoor bar will specialize in craft cocktails and has fire pits that line the outdoor terrace.
- The two-story 5 O’Clock Somewhere rooftop bar covers the resort’s 31st and 32nd floors with 360-degree views of the New Year’s Eve Ball, the Empire State Building and the Hudson River.
- Joe Merchant’s Coffee & Provisions is located on the fifth floor’s main lobby. The all-in-one store lets guests grab anything on the go, from coffee to a quick bite or merchandise.
David Crabtree, president and CEO of IMCMV Holdings, recruited Natalie Cohee to be executive chef at the resort. Cohee will be responsible for the overarching direction, creative concepting, menu development, talent management and culinary budgeting of each venue.
Cohee has more than 13 years of experience at hotels and resorts across the country. Cooking since the age of 19, she began her career at Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts in Scottsdale, Ariz., and spent her early years learning and drawing inspiration from her parents, who owned and operated two restaurants during her childhood. Before joining the Margaritaville team, Cohee served as executive chef at DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando at Seaworld. Before DoubleTree, she was executive sous chef of multiple beachside properties, including stints at Renaissance’s Carambola Beach Resort in St. Croix; Sheraton’s Beach Resort in Key Largo, Fla.; Hilton’s Latitude Restaurant in Key West, Fla.; and Ocean Properties’ Southwest Florida Collection.
“Margaritaville Resort Times Square is opening in an incredible urban location, not to mention, a city that is deemed a culinary mecca, and we knew we had to bring in a chef that has what it takes to thrive in New York City,” Crabtree said. “We are blown away by the talent and skills of Chef Cohee, and have no doubt she’ll excel as our culinary team leader.”